Dyspraxia/DCD Ireland provides occupational therapy handwriting assessments for children and young people aged between 5 and 20 years. These assessments are carried out by our Occupational Therapist (OT) Stephen Hodnett. Stephen has worked with children and young people in a number of settings both as a CORU registered occupational therapist and as a teacher for over a decade.
The DCD diagnostic assessment process includes:
- Speaking to families via phone or video call
- Conducting an in-person assessment of handwriting, ergonomics and fine motor performance.
- Production of a detailed report with outcomes and follow-on recommendations.
- Follow-up call to explain the report and the recommendations contained within, if required.
The cost of the assessment is €200 for members and €220.00 for non-members and includes both the assessment and a comprehensive report.
If you wish to book an assessment, please use the booking calendar located further down this webpage.
When booking a slot, you will receive our Paediatric Occupational Therapy Referral Form in the email confirmation. Please complete this form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
- Our service is only provided in-person at our Limerick Clinic at present
- Our service is only available to young people between the ages of 5 and 20 years. We are unable to carry out assessments for over 20s at this time.